Sr. Storage Administrator
Technical Expertise & Summary:
- Around 8 years of Experience as Storage Administrator and VMware Administrator.Expertise includes
VMware,Storage Area Networks (SAN) and NAS.
- Experience in Supporting Virtualization Platform (Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop, VMware vSphere, Hyper-V).
- Expertise in the area of Virtualization with vSphere, VMware ESXi *** hosts and Virtual Center server.
- Implemented vSphere 5.5 VCenter environment in large scale production environment.
- Expertise in implementation and supporting VMware vSphere ESXi *** environment.
- Windows XP, Windows 2000 Professional and Windows NT System Administration & support.
- Extensive background in working with the VMware vMotiontechnology.
- Very well versed in handling the customer requirements by interfacing with not only customer higher echelon management but with system/database administrators and application owners as well to determine business and technical needs and set expectations for a deliverable solution.
- SAN Experience includes SYMCLI/ECC/SMC, Unisphere, Navisphere/Navicli, Webtools, Fabric Manager/Device Manager, Storage resource management, Vipr Controller.
- Hands on Experience with VPLEX,VMAX, DMX-4, DMX-3, VNX *** CLARiiON CX480.
- Implementing and Maintaining FAST Cacheand FAST VPin VNXand Setting up new hosts for Storage Provisioningand assigning storages to the host,
- Performing LUN expansionsand LUN migrationsin VPLEX,VMAX, DMX, CLARiiON&VNXand Implementing, Administrating THIN Provisioning in VNX& VMAX
- Experience with Cisco enterprise directors like Cisco MDS *** and *** departmental switches.
- Hands on experience with various Brocade enterprise directors (12k and 48k) and departmental switches (3900, 4100 and 4900).
- Encapsulated VMAXbehind Vplex Metro.
- Migrated data fromVNXtoVMAX 40kusingMobility Centralin VPLEX.
- Experience in implementing data migrationsusing Array based solution (SRDF, Open Replicator) and host based solution (Open Migrator/LVM mirroring).
- Implemented Disaster Recoverysolutions using SRDF/S/A/ARfor production systems and tested disaster recovery readiness.
- Design and implement local replication solutions within storage devices using EMC replication software such as SnapView–Snapshotsand Clonesfor CLARiiON, Timefinder BCV, Clonesand Snapsfor Symmetrix.
- Hands on expertise in troubleshooting day to day SAN/Storage and VMware related issues quickly.
- Highly motivated Team Player with good communication skills.
Confidential|Deerfield, IL Apr’14 to Present
- Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Windows servers.
- Planning and implementing Server setup, configuration & administration for Windows 2012, Windows 2008 & Windows 2003 Server and Active Directory Administration
- Responsible for managing Windows and VMware.
- Installation, configuration, administration, troubleshooting and maintenance of VMware virtual infrastructure (ESX 5.1 and ESXi 5.5 vSphere) platforms.
- Migration of virtual machines from ESX 5.1 to ESX 5.5.
- Maintain daily operations for Windows server infrastructure and components.
- Performing LUN expansions in CLARiiON & VNX, Implementing and Administrating THIN Provisioning in VNX
- Day to day jobs include storage allocation, Zoning, mapping, masking, troubleshooting and monitoring the SAN environment.
- Maintaining the infrastructure using ECC, troubleshooting errors and alerts, configuring DCPs and alerts for management of the entire SAN infrastructure and also dealt with performance issues.
- Created Run book for the Customer Environment.
- Working experience with DR activities using SRDF/Abetween Symmetrix arrays and RecoverPointbetween heterogeneous arrays.
- Managing consistency groups, replication sets, journals and snapshots in RecoverPoint.
- Working experience with array based splitters(VMAX and VNX) and SANTap splittersin RecoverPoint.
- Working experience with OneFSin administering NFS mounts and CIFS shares on Isilon
- Planned for Brocade Switch FOS upgradesand VMAX code Upgrade.
- Coordinating with vendor for hardware failures
- Management of Brocade 5480(8 GB SAN module for HP c-Class Blade System).
- Effectively managing the space on aggregates and volumes using dedup and snapshots.
- Cloned volumes using VolCopy, ndmpcopy and Snap Mirror.
- Troubling shooting performance issues related to CIFS and NFS in NAS environment.
- Working experience with Snap Drivemanagement.
Vplex, VMAX, VNX, , CX480, , EMC RecoverPoint, Open Replicator, Brocade 5300,5480,4100,3900,4024, Brocade DS 300, Cisco MDS 9513, 9509, 9222i , Solutions Enabler 8.0, ECC 6.1, Storsimple 7520 , Unix, ESX, Windows *** , Open VMS servers.