JOB ID: PR5 Emerging
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Number of positions: 2
Interview: This requisition requires onsite in-person first round interviews only.
Note:Local candidates or candidates in the Harrisburg, PA region strongly preferred.
Duration:12 months + extensions.
Years of relevant experience: 10plus years.
The Programmer is responsible for analysis, design, coding, component and assembly testing of all application code. Programmers typically are involved in maintenance (including production support), enhancement and development work. Programmers have a range of skills and knowledge of the technologies. The Programmer works with the Functional Architect and Technical Architecture Specialist on an as needed basis to ensure that design and code meets customer requirements.
• Proven track record of hands-on technical design and code work within large complex systems.
• Proven hands-on technical work with a variety of technologies.
• Demonstrated technical expertise integrating a variety of diverse technical environments and cross-platform technologies.
• Proven experience mentoring and performing supervisory functions for technical teams.
• Able to make best practice recommendations based on past work.
• Proven ability to present complex technical constructs to business and non-technical users.
• Proven ability to collaborate with business users, project managers and technical architects.
• Converts scientific, engineering, and other technical problem formulations to formats that can be processed by computer.
• Resolves symbolic formulations, prepares flowcharts and block diagrams, and encodes resultant equations for processing by applying extensive knowledge of branch of science, engineering, or advanced mathematics, such as differential equations or numerical analysis, and understanding of capabilities and limitations of computer.
• This is a professional level non-supervisory position which may require coordination of programming activities being conducted by the team
• Confers with other business and technical personnel to resolve problems of intent, inaccuracy, or feasibility of computer processing.
• Works with necessary personnel to determine if modifications are necessary with interested personnel to determine necessity for modifications or enhancements.
• Leverages excellent written and verbal communication skills to develop new business process and programming solutions as directed by business and technical stakeholders.
• May coordinate activities of computer programmers.
• Plans all required process ste...