JOB ID: GIS Specialist 2
**Local candidates STRONGLY preferred**
Duration: 9 Months + possible extensions.
Deadline for submittals: Tuesday *** May be extended.
Number of positions:1
Interviews: In-person only.
*ALL candidates MUST be able to attend a personal interview, NO phone interviews, NO Skype, NO exceptions.
Visa details: Open
Years of relevant experience: 3 to 5plus years.
The purpose of this position is to support VDOT’s project, known as the Highway Maintenance Management System (HMMS), for the implementation of the DTS VueWorks software for work order and asset management. The VueWorks software consumes ESRI map services as a primary method for integrating with data from existing VDOT business systems. Candidates for this position will need to be familiar with geospatial data, data service creation, and data service management. This position may also be responsible for the generation of other GIS data products and analyses as necessary.
• Create maps and graphs, using GIS software and related equipment.
• Create, manage, and monitor map services using GIS software.
• Meet with users to define data needs and required outputs.
• Conduct research to locate and obtain existing data.
• Gather, analyze, and integrate spatial data.