Job ID: App Sec Assessment Eng *** )
Rate may vary depending on candidate preference for either w-2 (benefits or no benefits) or must have a ‘LLC’ –limited liability corporation.
Location: Washington, DC
Years of experience: 11+ years’ experience.
Duration: *** +
Number of positions: 1
Interviews: Either phone or in-person. (Candidate must be available to start within three weeks of the engagement request)
As a member of the security team the Application Security Assessment Engineer is responsible for IT system and application vulnerability assessment using Security Assessment tools.
As a member of the security Team this role is responsible for IT system and application vulnerability assessment using Security Assessment tools. This position is also responsible for continuous monitoring, routine scanning, on demand scanning as part of application or system deployment process.
The consultant should have demonstrated experience in assessing and recommending required security controls for enterprise applications. Consultant should be well-versed in conducting vulnerability and security assessments and penetration tests
• Familiarity with OWASP and NIST standards for application and network assessments
• Perform vulnerability assessments of all network systems including scanning and analysis of the target networks.
• Perform security assessments of new and existing application by performing periodic scans.
• Research platform specific disclosed vulnerabilities and analyze the impact to the enterprise
• Working knowledge of Web Application firewalls is necessary
• Have a strong understanding of the Ethical Hacker processes and procedures
• Responsible for creating documentation on specific remediation steps to close vulnerabili...