Job title:SME-Management- Master *** ).
Location: Washington, DC
VISA: W-2 or 1099 candidates only. No third parties.
Years of experience: 16 + years’ experience.
Duration: *** + possible extensions.
Number of positions:1
Provides assessments of technical and operational practices based on leading industry standards specific to the requested technology.
The vision and mission of the Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) is to safeguard the District of Columbia and protect its residents and visitors by providing the highest quality police service with integrity, compassion, and commitment to innovation that integrates people, technology and progressive systems.
• The Senior Project Manager must have a minimum of 8+ years of demonstrated experience in management and implementation of network and infrastructure IT projects. The suitable candidate must be able to manage a senior team of technical resources – network engineer, developer, business analyst, and testers. Background in network and infrastructure Management - Effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
• Vendor Relationship Management – Partner with strategic, outsourced technology providers to manage and cultivate relationships, to promote efficient and effective integration of technology, to govern contractual service level agreements, and to ensure quality and timely delivery of service and support
The Senior Project Manager's duties include but are not limited to:
• Leading cross-functional teams, project managers, business analysts, and developers to plan and execute work
• Expertise in using project scheduling, issue tracking and financial tools for project status reporting
• Adherence to software development lifecycle processes including waterfall or agile methodologies (SCRUM)